?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[LOG] The start of a new day

Who: Anyone!
Where/When: Himorogi, whenever you want! Week 1 Day 1
Status: Open
Style: Action - Multiple threads allowed!
Rating: No idea!

[ Dawn rises upon a new world.

When you wake, you will find yourself in this one: a world before time began, because history was written by man.

It is beautiful here, the sun shining golden and silky through the leaves of the large willow tree that goes up forever into a cloudless sky overlooking the start of a brand new day. The sound of gently falling water and the distant hum of a waterfall provides the rhythm to the chirping of little birds singing in the branches.

And all around you is life -- beautiful and glorious and bright.

The flowers sway gently, blown by a warm breeze.

This is Himorogi, a sacred space.

You have just arrived in Kannagara, within the realm of the gods. ]

Comments

revengeisalie
Feb. 1st, 2010 06:41 pm (UTC)
[When sunlight invaded her eyelids, rather rudely, Rin stirred. She clawed her way out of a deep slumber and finally blinked into the sky above her. Her hand went up to shield her eyes a little.

The ground beneath her was soft and the greenery above her provided enough protection from the sun, once she'd gotten used to the light.

Quickly, she sat up and looked around, failing to register her situation for just a moment. What was last?

Isaku, and Dōa, and the river -- shoot. Realization dawned on her face.]


Oh, no.
a_for_tiori
Feb. 2nd, 2010 05:29 am (UTC)
[And Sasuke is running, running, running. Not in any particular direction. He wants a lay of the land. He wants to see what has changed, and where things stand now. Who has arrived, who is gone, what is going on.

He wants to find Itachi.

He senses a presence. It is not an Itachi-presence, and so his initial reaction is fuck it. He does not care. He wants to see Itachi, now. He doesn't like any of this, and Itachi's absence is the least likable part.

So he doesn't care, doesn't care, does not care.

But on the other hand - what else does he have to do. This place is nothing but empty trees and greenery and birds and a couple of deer, and nothing at all like Itachi.

He lands silently high in a tree nearby, and looks down on the new girl.]
revengeisalie
Feb. 2nd, 2010 07:29 am (UTC)
[Said girl is taking her surroundings in with care. A tree - a big tree - and lush greenery all around. It almost looks unreal. Certainly not like any place she knows, city girl that she is.

Her regard grazes the treetops once more, and then she spots something that looks a little out of place there. But her eyes fail her and she gets up, taking a moment to dust herself off, and searches her way over the ground - careful, wouldn't do to stumble over any roots - to approache the tree.

Until she sees that what's up there is a person. Well. Stranger things have happened, and someone, anyone, being around is something she takes as a good sign. So she calls up to him.]


Hello? Can you hear me?
a_for_tiori
Feb. 2nd, 2010 05:15 pm (UTC)
Obviously.

[This girl is apparently dense. Normally this would mean time to go, no time to waste on her. On the other hand, she is also not someone that Sasuke has ever seen before, which, in a world that usually seems to be populated by thirty or so people, is suspicious as hell.

He snorts, briefly frustrated. This girl is not Itachi. She knows nothing about Itachi, in all likelihood. Therefore she is almost certainly not important. Almost certainly.

Damn.]

State your name.
revengeisalie
Feb. 2nd, 2010 05:31 pm (UTC)
Well, you weren't really talking or anything.

[His short manner manages to peeve her a little, but she ignores the feeling. Instead, she cranes her head to try and get a good look at him. Can this stranger with the potentially annoying attitude be trusted? He doesn't seem too interested in her, that much is clear. But she knows others of the type, so she'll be careful. Well, her first name shouldn't hurt much.]

I'm Rin. And you?
a_for_tiori
Feb. 2nd, 2010 05:51 pm (UTC)
Uchiha Sasuke.

[He wonders if she'll recognize the name. She might be from some other world - but if she's not, "Uchiha" should set off some kind of reaction.]

When did you get here?
revengeisalie
Feb. 2nd, 2010 06:07 pm (UTC)
[It doesn't. If there are any Uchihas in Edo, they're no one too important. Certainly not to Rin. She scrunches up her nose and looks up at him, rubbing her neck all the while, which is getting stiff.]

Don't you want to come down? This is not really practical, you know.

[Truly, she would like to talk to him properly, face to face. What she would also like to do is get a better feel for him - friend, foe... well, he certainly wasn't very friendly, but so far he didn't set off any alarm bells, either.

In the meantime, she deigns to answer his question.]


Well... I just woke up. No idea how long I've been lying there. Doesn't feel that long to me, but --

[An uneasy pause as her taughts return to the fact that she's in a predicament.]

-- something's off about this.

[And then, she looks up at him again.]

So might you have an explanation of how I got here?

a_for_tiori
Feb. 2nd, 2010 06:18 pm (UTC)
[No reaction. Not from his world, then. What is this, exactly? Why the new people, after all this time? Why did they all suddenly reappear in this garden?

Something is happening. Something big. There's no doubt about it - something major has changed about this place.

Well, sure. After all, things had been perfectly fine before. Things had been peaceful, and everything made sense - not really - but the parts that didn't make sense were so far-off and abstract and having nothing to do with the present reality that they were living together and things were fine.

Everything was fine, and that was Just. Not. Allowed.]

You were kidnapped. And now you're trapped here.
revengeisalie
Feb. 2nd, 2010 06:39 pm (UTC)
1/2
[She's been watching his reaction, as far as her eyesight allows her. No emotion discernible on his face -- a little unnerving, that, and she hopes that he can be convinced to explain at least the basics of her situation to her. But then he speaks, indeed he does, and his words reach her, and all observation of this man -- boy -- ceases to matter.

Trapped. The word resounds through her head, her eyes widening. A slight dizziness makes her lean on the tree's trunk with one hand, but she goes through the motions mechanically in that not-all-there way that utter shock can produce.

There are birds chirping, somewhere far away. They're entirely too cheerful.]
revengeisalie
Feb. 2nd, 2010 06:46 pm (UTC)
2/2
[Stop, she shakes her head, wake up. No time to get cold feet. Her fist clenches just a little, nails biting into the tree's bark. It makes a tiny, unpleasant sound.

Her mind is working fast now. Kidnapped, he says. Kidnapped by whom? And why? Did the Ittō-ryū have anything to do with it? Did Habaki Kagimura have anything to do with it? Or maybe even the bakufu? Somehow, Rin doubts that any of these people would care to trap her in a place this beautiful and altogether not very prison-like. No, something greater must be at work here.

She most certainly isn't in Edo anymore. Maybe she isn't even in Japan anymore. Well, it would probably be prudent to ask, so she looks up at Sasuke once more.]</font>

Uhm, where is this exactly? Does it have a name?
a_for_tiori
Feb. 3rd, 2010 12:23 am (UTC)
[Does he really want to talk to this girl?

He doesn't know her. It's obvious that she's no one important. Just a girl who knows nothing. Another life that has nothing to do with his. And he has so many things to do. He has to find Itachi. That is what is important now - find Itachi. If he thinks, it should be about how to find Itachi. If he talks, it should be about Itachi.

He has to - he has to find him.

He has to slow down.

Sasuke sighs and drops down from the branch, landing lightly on his feet.]

It's called Kannagara.

[As for where it is - where in relation to what? It's nowhere. Nowhere at all. A non-place.]

It's another world. We were taken here.
revengeisalie
Feb. 3rd, 2010 07:24 am (UTC)
Oh... um.

[So that's how it is. After her previous ruminations, this comes as less of a shock to her, now. "Kannagara", it rings a bell, too - a term in her language, as of old, by way of the gods. It's intrinsic to her culture, part of everyday proceedings, like praying at the shrine when a new year begins. She spares another glance at her surroundings and thinks that maybe, that is the answer. A slight shiver runs down her spine.

But Sasuke has finally decided to come down, which relieves her. They're on the same height now - well, he's taller, but he doesn't look much older than her. His graceful landing awed her a little, and between that and his practical clothing, she thinks he must be a fighter. Which means that she'd better stay on his good side for now.

She sorts through her thoughts quickly, picks up one from before, and speaks, looking Sasuke directly in the eye.]

You say I was "kidnapped", so... can you tell me who did the kidnapping?
a_for_tiori
Feb. 3rd, 2010 08:33 am (UTC)
Hn. Gods, maybe.

[His tone says he doesn't really believe it, but in truth, he sort of does. He never really believed the stories about children who were spirited away by the forest gods, but having been spirited away to a suspiciously godly forest filled with suspiciously godly... beings, Sasuke's mind leaps to the first available conclusion. He is used to reality shifting suddenly and drastically.]

That's what they looked like, anyway.

[Like the statues and whatnot, but he's not really pay attention to his own words. He has taken out the Hitomi and is flipping through the channels, searching through the list of contacts. No Itachi. No lots of people. No Naruto, no Sakura. No Itachi.

No Itachi.]
revengeisalie
Feb. 3rd, 2010 04:52 pm (UTC)
[Huh. So her hunch had been right. Gods, he says... she wonders which ones. There are the gods she's prayed to, but then Isaku has another god, and Dōa still others that need openings to enter and exit a house. She still should be peeved about that, by the way, but she can't bring herself to. Truth is, right now she almost misses that obnoxious girl. While she might be a stranger, she was still more familiar than this.

A feeling of desolation threatened to take over -- but then Sasuke suddenly has a thing in his hands, something strange and small, not like anything she's ever seen before, and he operates it with his hand like some sort of abacus. Rin's curiousity is picked. She points at it.]

What's that?
a_for_tiori
Feb. 5th, 2010 01:34 am (UTC)
sorry for late tag, my inbox is a clusterfuck D:
Communications device.

[Said absently, distantly, because he is not really talking to her right now. He is thinking: what is he going to do. What the fuck is he going to do with this. What possible course of action does he have at this point. Search a huge empty world for a man who isn't there. Keep searching with no leads, no clue, find nothing, and then what. Then fucking what.

He can't. He can't do this. He can't (There was water on his face and something hotter and thicker as well, and Sasuke could not think of a single reason to continue to stay alive. His position, standing against the wall, was held by his muscles and his muscles were controlled by his mind and his mind was an extension of his will except he had no will anymore, and so he fell. Like dominoes. He has nothing, therefore he does nothing, therefore he is nothing.) do this, no.

He can't.]
<3 - revengeisalie - Feb. 5th, 2010 07:24 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - a_for_tiori - Feb. 6th, 2010 03:13 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - revengeisalie - Feb. 6th, 2010 04:06 am (UTC) - Expand

Profile

kannagara_rpg
Kannagara - The Way of the Gods

Latest Month

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel