?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[LOG] We all need a home, indeed

Who: ANYONE!
Status: OPEN LIKE BURNING
Style: COMMENT SPAM! Action!
Where: Hisato Housing Compound
When: Week 7, Day 4
Warnings: Massive lulz ahead?

[ Natsuno Ryokan is a large two-story ryokan located at the farthest most edge of the village from the temple, in relatively close proximity to the village gates. It is a large compound of old, but well kept buildings that sit near the main road which leads into the heart of the village. The building is filled with tatami-mat rooms that sleep two, though some rooms have shoji doors that slide open to sleep up to four on simple futons. The compound boasts a small courtyard garden with a koi pond and a small bridge, where visitors to the ryokan might gather to have tea outside on hot days. Visitors may find towards the a bath house segregated by gender, towards the back of the compound, with both indoors and outdoors baths, as well as a series of outhouses outfitted with toilets.

The compound is run by a rather good-natured old woman, Natsuno Ringo, a Celestial who inherited the ryokan from her family, and her daughter, Momo. The two women run the establishment with the help of a small staff who clean the rooms and cook three meals a day for visitors.

On this day, the ryokan is rather empty. It has been a bit empty for some time now, as business has been pulled to the more upscale ryokans that have been giving this homey little place quite some trouble. Little do the women know just how busy it's about to become... ]

Comments

( 108 comments — Leave a comment )
guerrilla_morph
Jun. 15th, 2010 08:06 pm (UTC)
[When both Rin and Marco woke up outside Tsuchisato (again), they realize two things:

One: They can't get back inside of the village.

and Two: there are people here. Lots and lots of people. As though they weren't here the day before, as though they weren't here during the monster incursion. So they both decided to head to Hisato, see how the others are holding up. When Marco realized the house he used to stay in was also occupied, they had to look around to find something. Anything.

So they stumbled down to here, figured out their measly payments though the animals they killed, got a room, and well -

Marco's just hoping that others might come.]
behindhiseyes
Jun. 16th, 2010 02:55 am (UTC)

[ Itachi had not been overly concerned by his removal from the house. It had been a dwelling. A roof and clothing. Nothing more. He is accustomed to surviving with far less than that. Leaving with Sasuke, walking through the throngs of people -- it does call to mind memories of his journeys. Missions. Kisame had been beside him in the past. Now, his brother occupies that place.

He has ignored the people to the crowds to the best of his ability. Certainly, he has wondered about the sudden growth in population, but as a missing-nin, you grow trained to see everyone while seeing no one. You notice each motion of a stranger -- the danger inherent in any nuance of movement -- but you close your eyes to their individuality.

Crowds, villages: Faceless bodies in a progression.

Itachi has been drinking tea at the koi pond. He is not wearing his cloak.

He is standing in the hallway when he notices the boy making his way towards his room. ]

Maahko-san.

Hello.
guerrilla_morph
Jun. 16th, 2010 03:17 am (UTC)
[If there's one person who is nonplussed at people poking at his forehead, it's Bob. But then again, nothing bothers the guy. If Visser Three comes in with a tutu on his head, the guy wouldn't even bother to blink.]

Hey man.

Got people poking at your forehead too?
(no subject) - a_for_tiori - Jun. 16th, 2010 03:26 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - behindhiseyes - Jun. 16th, 2010 03:41 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 16th, 2010 01:00 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - behindhiseyes - Jun. 16th, 2010 09:18 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 16th, 2010 09:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - a_for_tiori - Jun. 16th, 2010 11:57 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 17th, 2010 12:10 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - behindhiseyes - Jun. 17th, 2010 01:17 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 17th, 2010 02:00 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - a_for_tiori - Jun. 17th, 2010 02:40 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - behindhiseyes - Jun. 17th, 2010 04:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 17th, 2010 05:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - a_for_tiori - Jun. 18th, 2010 03:18 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - behindhiseyes - Jun. 19th, 2010 04:37 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 19th, 2010 06:45 am (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
guerrilla_morph
Jun. 25th, 2010 07:51 pm (UTC)
[Marco can only shrug.]

Nice enough to have a roof over our heads. But hey, at least its free. It's not like we're packing, you know?

[After they ordered their room and hearing from the old lady, "Blah blah gods are kind blah blah blah", Marco is more than glad to get some time away from the so-called natives. Seriously, forehead poking?

After the woman excused herself, Marco and Rin are finally alone in a modest room, he turns to her.]

What do you think about all this? All of these people just showing up overnight?

Edited at 2010-06-25 07:52 pm (UTC)
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 25th, 2010 10:17 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 26th, 2010 01:03 am (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 26th, 2010 12:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 26th, 2010 02:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 26th, 2010 07:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 26th, 2010 08:02 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
ura_no_ura
Jun. 17th, 2010 06:03 pm (UTC)
[ Safety.

Or at least this is as safe as they can be for the time being.

Not that they really are in danger, really, so much as being stalked by a lot of people that came out of nowhere. And everywhere. Poking and prodding at them and what the hell were they doing lying naked outside in the middle of the road?! In broad daylight, too.

Kakashi is lucky that he is such a light sleeper and woke up when he heard the voices, long before anyone caught sight of him -- giving him enough time to henge some clothes on him and to shake Iruka awake. Their clothes were lying a few feet near where they were lying, and Kakashi figured that it was all yet another play by the gods that had them lying outside their home and unable to enter, but the presence of all these people -- an entire village full of people -- is completely bewildering. Especially the way they acted -- as though they had always been there, talking of paying tribute when they were unable to enter their home. And something about "ajna." Whatever that is.

It was the curiosity and the touching that really got to him. Their hands, everywhere.

Kakashi was all too happy to get the hell out of there and to this ryokan that they were told about where they could stay for the time being. ]

I suppose this is it.

[ He stares up at the facade of the building. ]
smiling_umino
Jun. 17th, 2010 06:11 pm (UTC)
It looks normal.

[Iruka only speaks for the sake of speaking. Because as much as he has respect for these gods (for being gods), there are just some things that transcends beyond ludicrous. He is still unable to ward the the shame and embarrassment from waking up in the middle of the street naked. With his lover.

There are just some things he cannot accept.

And it's visible with how he stares at the ryokan like it's some sort of fungi tainting the cleanliness of his home, or something lower than that of a worm. He does not understand anything. Not the poking, not the questions and certainly not the strange looks.

Excuse them but Iruka is quite sure they were in Kannagara first. They are the odd ones.

All that poking! Who the hell pokes people? So rudely too!

Iruka twitches. Again. Some more.]
ura_no_ura
Jun. 17th, 2010 06:16 pm (UTC)
[ Kaskashi sighs a little. They're going to have to enter the building eventually, instead of just standing in the middle of the road staring up at it.

He is acutely aware of a few villagers that have stopped in the middle of the road to stare at Iruka and him, whispering to one another about them. Like they are some kind of strange specimen in a zoo and not living, breathing people.

He slides a hand out and gently places it against Iruka's back, nudging him towards the doors of the ryokan. ]

Come on.
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 06:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 06:28 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 06:39 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 06:45 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:08 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:12 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:30 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:36 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:44 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:57 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 07:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 17th, 2010 08:04 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 17th, 2010 08:07 pm (UTC) - Expand
kannagara_gods
Jun. 18th, 2010 02:28 am (UTC)
GARDEN
[ Post here for the garden area! ]
neargenius
Jun. 23rd, 2010 04:15 am (UTC)
[There are too many people. At least, before, the villages--the entire world, it seemed--had been empty. It had been easy to avoid the other people here because of their relatively limited number, but now-- The streets are suddenly full of people, and all of them too interested. Staring, muttering to each other. One woman had touched his shoulder, poked it--and that was more startling than being locked outside of the house he'd claimed as his own. He'd moved quickly away, but his shoulder still feels strange, even now.

This ryokan is much better. There will be people here, too--but at least there are private rooms, and a situation that is a bit more removed. Still, he doesn't want to head to a room right away, so he lingers a moment in the courtyard garden. He can feel where the woman in the village poked him, and reaches over his shoulder to touch the spot, thoughtfully. After a pause, Near moves towards the bridge and the pond, the clear surface of the water disturbed only by the fish swimming in lazy arcs below the surface.

He stands above the pond, staring down--then, reluctantly, crouches down beside it, dipping one finger into the water. The fish immediately crowd towards the surface, nibbling gently on his fingertips. Near doesn't move his hand.

He needs to figure out what is happening, and what he can do about it. It's difficult to process anything without toys to busy his hands and direct his thoughts. So he lets the fish nibble on his fingertips, and he thinks as best as he can.]

Edited at 2010-06-23 04:15 am (UTC)
ura_no_ura
Jun. 23rd, 2010 04:45 am (UTC)
[ Darkness is falling.

Not exactly the best time for hunting. When the light is gone from the day, the hunt is just about over. Kakashi spent a good portion of the afternoon following tracks and laying traps. When the sun is not yet above the horizon, the sky still twilight blue, deer emerge from the shadows to forage, ewes flanked by fawns. Kakashi has discovered their favorite feeding grounds. Tomorrow morning will bring about a good catch. But tonight, there is little else to do other than to wait out the night.

Dinner had been a simple meal of miso soup, braised fish in soy sauce, white rice, and a steamed vegetable of some kind, delivered on small trays outside the sliding shoji door of their room. It was bland and overcooked, but the meal was free. That was more than he had expected.

Wandering the grounds alone while Iruka takes a bath, Kakashi catches a flash of white hair in the dimming light. A boy is crouched down by the pond, fingers dipped into the water. Kakashi strolls closer and recognizes him. This boy asks him questions from time to time. But there isn't very much else he knows about him.

He supposes they are all the same, in a way. Homeless and without a country. This boy might not even have friends. ]

I don't think they'd taste very good.

[ Kakashi starts conversationally when he notices just how intensely En is staring down past the murky surface of the water. ]

Edited at 2010-06-23 04:46 am (UTC)
neargenius
Jun. 23rd, 2010 05:20 am (UTC)
[The sound of a voice startles Near, but he only raises his shoulders slightly in response, hunching down for a quiet moment. He stares at the fish, their scales bright and flashing even in the dimness of the light. Their mouths open and close, their eyes film and blink. He doesn't look up, but quickly studies this person in his peripheral vision.

This is that person. Kakashi. Near straightens his shoulders slightly.]

I don't want to kill them. I don't like eating fish.

[He isn't used to conversations, small talk, anything like that--but this is the person who L said to trust. Near looks over at him, his gaze intent. He has a similar presence as he does over the Hitomi. What does L find trustworthy about him?]

The water just feels good.

[He looks back at it, wriggles his fingers slightly. He isn't hungry, and even if he was, the taste of fish is slightly revolting for the most part.]

What are you doing?
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jun. 23rd, 2010 05:43 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - neargenius - Jun. 23rd, 2010 09:15 am (UTC) - Expand
closed thread! - ura_no_ura - Jun. 24th, 2010 06:05 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - neargenius - Jun. 24th, 2010 09:33 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jul. 1st, 2010 06:24 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - neargenius - Jul. 1st, 2010 07:06 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ura_no_ura - Jul. 3rd, 2010 07:05 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - neargenius - Jul. 9th, 2010 04:52 am (UTC) - Expand
kannagara_gods
Jun. 18th, 2010 02:29 am (UTC)
BATH HOUSE
[ Post here for bath house ]
guerrilla_morph
Jun. 18th, 2010 05:47 am (UTC)
AFTER TALKIN' TO BOB AND BOB JUNIOR
[Marco hasn't got a bath since, well, a long time. In the airship, actually. So he feels like a little bath is in order.

But there's the fact that, well, Marco is not used to the idea of a bath house. And a pubic one at that. That seems a little maybe . . . a little archaic? But its not like there's a shower here. Or even plumbing besides the toilet. And seriously: Marco is a kid who lives in the Hork-Bajir valley but also steals the Chee's shower when he gets the chance. So he's not up to complain about it. Just get in and get out.]
smiling_umino
Jun. 18th, 2010 06:34 am (UTC)
Re: AFTER TALKIN' TO BOB AND BOB JUNIOR
[Iruka is rotating a shoulder, towel around his waist and just generally ... exasperated. Granted, at least the entire situation isn't like that time where their villages were attacked by numerous monsters. But really now.

The first thing he does notice is Marco in the bath already. Oh, well.

And because bathhouses are common and normal, he pretty much just smiles, steps in and soaks up to the neck.]

You were kicked out of your home too, I see. Are you all right?

Edited at 2010-06-18 06:43 am (UTC)
guerrilla_morph
Jun. 18th, 2010 06:43 am (UTC)
[Thank god Iruka is not the type of pervert who will "unknowingly" flash easily traumatized teenagers. Marco shrugged in a way that says "I'm fine."]

That and the village we were staying at. Rin and I woke up in the woods - again - and when we tried to get back inside the village, we practically walked into an invisible wall. So we head back to Hisato to see if anyone else is holding up.
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 18th, 2010 06:56 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 18th, 2010 07:00 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 18th, 2010 07:15 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 18th, 2010 07:24 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 18th, 2010 07:30 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 18th, 2010 02:08 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - smiling_umino - Jun. 19th, 2010 03:24 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - Jun. 19th, 2010 05:34 am (UTC) - Expand
kannagara_gods
Jun. 18th, 2010 02:31 am (UTC)
GENERAL ROOMS
blackest_ink
Jun. 18th, 2010 08:29 pm (UTC)
[Sai had spent more than few hours at the streets of the town, asking questions, answering them himself, putting together everything that had happened. He had even earned a few coins at a booth put together by two young artists. It seemed that bringing life his ink drawings could be a delight for many. Little dancing mice had gathered quite a crowd of children, and few of their parents had felt like sharing a coin or two whilst laughing at his antics.

People, they were actually pretty easy to read if one was willing to look and listen.

He came to the ryokan with a new bottle of ink, red one, and sheets of paper, a paper case full of roasted nuts and heat of color upon his cheeks. It had been an exciting day. Somehow it didn't seem to bother him so much that the gods had tossed him out of his house. It never had been his house in the first place, and he had left nothing behind that he would call his own. ]
a_for_tiori
Jun. 20th, 2010 09:07 pm (UTC)
[Later in the afternoon, Sasuke finds that the best way to avoid the old woman (to say nothing of her daughter) is just to stay outside. Loitering by the entrance has a number of advantages - besides keeping him away from the people inside, it allows him to discourage the strange new people from coming too close.

It also lets him see who is entering.

Sai, isn't it? Sasuke is not very good with names, and this one likely used a fake regardless. So the name is unimportant. The hitai-ate - that's important. One, two, three from Konoha now. And this one. This one. He works for Danzou. Worked. Works. He still wears that fucking headband, doesn't he?

Kill him. (Or leave him be. Leave this place. Because what would killing this one satisfy? Besides the general urge, the undercurrent of wanting to ruin something pointlessly.) Kill him.

Or just get out of here. They never should have come to this place.

Sasuke, leaning against a tree by the entrance, stares wordlessly as Sai approaches. Still weighing his options, and waiting, for now.]
blackest_ink
Jun. 30th, 2010 12:31 pm (UTC)
[ Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke, the sole reason why both of Sai's teammates keep risking their lives, making fools out of themselves, and seem to have forgotten that there IS life, even after Uchiha Sasuke. Sai doesn't think Sasuke very special, like the rest of 'Team Kakashi' tend to do, he seems more powerful than the rest, but personality wise, as far as Sai has seen, he is not very memorable, dull in fact. Perhaps he has hidden merits?

Of course, impressive, vicious, deadly, and those eyes. But nothing less could be said of Sakura. She has a pair of impressive eyes as well, and she is deadly when angered. (He has gotten a taste of that enough times.)

Sasuke has one thing, however, that would make Sai remember him, every little detail of him: he is an enemy. Naruto and Sakura could have their delusions, but Sai is different. Sasuke is an enemy of Konoha and needs to be put down.

Here, however, Kakashi has made it clear that the Uchiha aren't the enemy.

Confusing. Unsettling to be honest. Sai fishes for a smile, and manages a cold one, mouth merely curving from the corners. He pauses, leaving enough room between them to build a wall of stone. Relaxed, he shifts his weight on one leg. ] Sasuke, [ he greets, then extends the hand carrying the paper tube around those roasted nuts. ] They're actually quite good. Would you like one?

Edited at 2010-06-30 12:38 pm (UTC)
whitenighting
Jun. 19th, 2010 02:32 am (UTC)
Still 7/4
[Much later than he would have liked, Allen finally finds himself on his own and just sits rather heavily on the doorstep outside the ryokan.  Right, he had left Lenalee rather abruptly earlier, he recalls as he catches Timcanpy off his shoulder and starts to fiddle with him to bring up the Hitomi network. He should tell her what had happened if she wasn't already on her way to Hisato.]

Stop squirming. [A slight chide to the sulky golem without any real force behind his words.]

[Everyone, even the sick suddenly chased out into the streets or worse and... (a sinking feeling) monetary tribute to gods to get back to these homes that should be temporary anyway?

Allen's never even been one to truly believe strongly in the god he supposedly fought for. Allen's the sort to become catatonic over debts.

Perhaps there is a god or gods because the irony is so horrible and (in the case of some of these other people) so unjust there seems little other explanation. It's... ... well, Allen would never have thought he'd rather the fight against the Earl and Noah to something else, but at least that made sense and he knew where he stood. Now... not so much.

A somewhat heavy sigh. But no matter, now he had to see where Lenalee was, if she wasn't already on her way here or if he'd somehow missed her.]

Edited at 2010-07-06 07:37 pm (UTC)
searedsuccessor
Jun. 20th, 2010 04:37 pm (UTC)
[It isn't that Mello hasn't exactly gone homeless before. In fact, he spent the better part of an entire year on the streets before finally making it over to L.A.

And so when he found that he was unable to enter the shithole he'd taken as his own place, it wasn't quite as distressing as it could have been. Sure, it was frustrating, but what caught his attention even more were the fucking people everywhere. Staring and taking a step closer only to take a step back and as childish as it felt, the only thing he could think was, What the fuck, do I have something on my face?.

But no, it wasn't that. It was the lack of something, he'd noticed.

And even as he walked, a few would follow a couple of steps behind him, only to stop completely when he turned round. Staring. God, he hates staring.

The mutterings of tribute may have pissed him off more than anything. Because even if it meant sleeping out under a fucking tree until he could get out of here, there was no way in hell the threat of homelessness would have him paying tribute to false Gods. Not in this fucking lifetime.

He's hot, tired, fucking annoyed, and staring at the outside of this building; arms crossed over his chest and a not-so-subtle frown gracing his lips.

They said he could come here. He thinks it's a bad idea.]
ls_rueflection
Jun. 27th, 2010 12:28 am (UTC)
[So there seems to be a shortage of balls in this "Kannagara".

Not only did L and his peppy squad play russian roulette with his life, but now there are also very few others willing to ineract with him. Despite the potential anonymity. Through an electronic device. This is absolutely pathetic. Admittedly, make-up creation isn't a flaming hot topic; even so, he had stored up an impressive haul. There should have been some sort of attempt at bartering. Probably rumors spreading around, meh. His pockets sound, odd coinage scraping and jingling with his movements (oddly found scattered throughout corpses, funny that).

Feet lazily carry him with the crowd's flow, towards this supposedly free housing which is apparently the only open hotel-esque service. And knowing his pampered ex-mentor, the man shall be making his way shortly if he isn't already residing in one of the rooms. Ha, the great L couldn't rough it if his life depended on it.

As for the sudden appearance of villagers and lockout from their homes, well, B finds that... he doesn't really give a shit. He can handle himself. And he was never aware that their population lacked these odd, animalistic people. Despite their interest in his clear forehead, most have decidedly avoided nearing him due to the utter filth of his appearance. The red strands have been soaked and rubbed with a variety of mixtures, sands, dirts and any other option available. His face seems to have been rubbed in the sand, though the fail mask has chunked off in a few places.

Yes, he needs better make up. They must sell it here, he muses, as he glances around. And. Blink. B pauses and grins, picking up his pace and stopping beside his favorite fellow Wammy. Glance. His arms cross as well, mocking.]

It's ridiculous, isn't it? ~
searedsuccessor
Jun. 27th, 2010 12:44 am (UTC)
[Of course.

In a small show of exasperation, Mello closes his eyes briefly at the arrival of the last fucking person on earth he wants to see right now. Bad enough that a place in which he doesn't want to be has been overrun with a bunch of fucking freaks, but now, of all the people Beyond could have gone to pester, he chooses Mello. Why.

He wouldn't exactly consider their time together a bonding experience. Quite the opposite. It was something that he'd since hoped would divide them, draw a definitive line in the sand on which they both remain on their respective sides.

Sand that... now seems to be adorning a good amount of B's face. What the fuck. Is he so desperate to keep up the appearance of someone who quite clearly would rather have him dead? It's nothing less than pathetic.]

Fuck'd you do to yourself?

[He already knows, of course, but it's a jab that had to be taken. If B is going to insist on tailing him, then Mello is going to insist on being as big of an ass as possible.

Eyes linger on the job B has done on himself, and Mello wonders if he really thinks he's accomplishing anything with this. L isn't going to care. As a matter of fact, since his reunion with his mentor, Mello has noticed that L doesn't care about much at all. Maybe that's where he inadvertently gained his self-absorption from.]
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 02:01 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 02:12 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 02:27 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 03:07 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 03:18 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 03:30 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 02:40 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 06:13 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:17 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:34 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 27th, 2010 11:58 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:01 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:04 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:08 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:34 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:46 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 28th, 2010 12:59 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - searedsuccessor - Jun. 28th, 2010 01:03 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - ls_rueflection - Jun. 28th, 2010 01:07 am (UTC) - Expand
fakeorgans
Jul. 2nd, 2010 03:22 am (UTC)
[semi-recently sddhdh date is ambiguous]
[ Barefoot, now, and dressed in a simple, floral-patterned white robe from the compound, Chrome caught sight of herself in the pond and thought -- could not help but think, really, of regression. Returning to one's roots. She may as well be in the hospital gown again, for all that the resemblance is similar. But she is comfortable, and, for now, not in pain. Her fingertips are wet from having dipped them into the water to feed the fish.

Feeding them, her mind had returned time and again to that man's comments about the animals in this world.

She had seen a fox on her way to the compound -- a little red thing with bright black eyes and darker, wiry tufts sewn throughout its coat -- and she had thought, briefly, of --

( Clean cut. Knife through the skin. Pelt. Hands inside. Cool feel of coins in her palm. )

She had watched.

Thought, then, of another cut -- not so clean.

Had idly stroked her abdomen, blinked once with one eye, and then the animal had been gone.



No, she could not take her money this way. She knew that.

She would need to find work in this world (work one could do by the light of the day, not, merely, that work which -- )

But until she finds it, she returns to this compound.

It is less dangerous here.

More like the green world.

More like home. ]

Edited at 2010-07-04 12:32 am (UTC)
( 108 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

kannagara_rpg
Kannagara - The Way of the Gods

Latest Month

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel