?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Who: Valeria (incisive), Raikou (pinktintedgamon), Gau (tenpa_tantrum), Yoite (erase_to_forget), Miharu (i_will_grant_it), Lelouch Lamperouge (dramatic_cape), Marco (guerilla_morph), and Rin (revengeisalie); also featuring subtle hints of Balthier (leadshot)
Status: V. Active & OPEN TO: Allen Walker (whitenighting), and Yukari (necro_fantasia)
Style: Third-person prose, any tense (feel free to play with tense!)
Where: The edge of the residential district of Raisato by the landed Strahl
When: Week 5, Day 3 - as dusk fades into night
Rating: G for now
Warnings: See the list of involved characters and possibly involved characters.

Expectations are many on this pleasant summer night in Lightning Country's Raisato. No one is more aware of this than Valeria, whose black eyes turn from the fading dusk that had become the horizon visible beyond the clouds towards the newest, designated rendezvous point decided upon earlier in the day. There, at the edge of the wealthier portion of the village's residential district, sits centered, unlit wood amidst a circle of stone. Before it is one of Raisato's grander structures. Behind it, Valeria and the finally landed as opposed to docked Strahl.

As the Turk approaches the stone circle, she breathes in, breathes deep, because the air is thinner at this elevation and she feels some slight ceremony about this meeting. Professional--that's what she is and must be. It's a lovely night for conversation regardless, for planning and discussion, and she won't allow herself to be rattled, not by anything or anyone or any conversation that has come to pass in these past few days. She has learned, is learning a lot from what conversations she does have with other people there... but it never hurts to learn more, to know and realize more and more and open oneself along with the doors. She wants answers to previously formed questions and answers to still-forming ones, too; they all do.

That's why they're here.

A flick of the wrist of her dominant hand and its palm is face-up against backdrop of the residential district. The materia in her glove hums and the curtain is lifted, not unlike the hot red flames that become the wood and briefly lick at the stone before centering upon the sacrifice. She feels the energy echo in her as she comes to a halt a few feet from campfire. A warm smile is present on her face, warm enough and cheerful, to boot; and yet, her expression is somehow calm as well.

"Good evening, everyone."

She doesn't expect everyone to be present just yet, but boredom isn't something any healthy, partially assembled group of people tolerate well. The climate may be mild, rather balmy and pleasant tonight, but she'd just as soon those assembled not catch a chill for that matter... and a little conversation in the meantime never really hurt anyone who didn't already have a headache.

Comments

( 90 comments — Leave a comment )
tenpa_tantrum
May. 4th, 2010 02:57 am (UTC)
Gau is pretty sure that sitting with his notebook open too close to the place where there's about to be a bonfire is a bad idea, so he thinks for a moment, and then fiddles with his Hitomi.

An audio message, private to himself, should do the trick. He fiddles with as Valeria starts talking, until he's happy with the results, and then carefully packs the rest of his things back into his messenger bag and settles it behind him.

The woman's firelighting method leaves him with a million questions, and he stares into the flames for a moment, glad that he's discarded his sweater vest and tie for the evening in favor of just the short-sleeved button-down and dress pants... and of course his gamon.

He tries to hold his tongue... but...

"How...?" he asks looking up at her, his eyes wide, the Hitomi that is now wrapped about his wrist in the same way he'd seen Raikou do it silently recording for him.
pinktintedgamon
May. 4th, 2010 03:41 am (UTC)
Raikou watched Gau with no small measure of amusement as he steps over to the rock his partner is sitting on and shifts his gamon just enough to settle in beside him, leaned back casually on an arm slightly behind Gau. He has to laugh under his breath though because really…for someone used to using all of the latest technology to research their objectives, Gau has proven himself to be even more resourceful than Raikou had come to know.

The question, however, really had the corners of his lips twitching before he added smoothly, “Is that a normal ability people from Gaia are capable of, Valeria-san?”
erase_to_forget
May. 4th, 2010 03:48 am (UTC)
Yoite had been there already,though he was pretty much unnoticeable. His hat dipped down over his eyes and arms hanging straight at his sides he was leaning back against a tree a few paces away behind Raikou and Gau's rock. He was just close enough so he could hear and observe, but with his dark cloak he could blend into the coming darkness. He felt more at ease that way. Hopefully when more people had gathered he would be able to slip closer without being as noticeable.

As he watched, his gaze went from Raikou's head then to Gau's and then to Valeria thinking nothing in particular and remaining in the background.

That was until his stomach growled awkwardly and gave away his position.

"..."

Edited at 2010-05-04 03:52 am (UTC)
tenpa_tantrum
May. 4th, 2010 03:53 am (UTC)
That is a familiar sound. Without taking his eyes off Valeria, Gau pushes his bag back along the rock, carefully avoiding the hand Raikou has resting slightly behind him, and tugs the flap open.

He crooks a finger, points at it, without turning, and then puts his hand beside Raikou's on the rock and smiles.
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 4th, 2010 04:09 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 4th, 2010 04:38 am (UTC) - Expand
i_will_grant_it
May. 4th, 2010 04:02 am (UTC)
Crowded.

Miharu was never very good with crowds, they were so noisy. But he knew he needed to stay close to the others, this wasn't home and he didn't know anything about the place. At least some of Yoite's and his tension had disappeared for the moment.

Those deep green eyes remained closed, sitting close to Gau, he was just listening to everyone talking and yet not listening at the same time. Only the familiar sound of a stomach rumbling got him to actually open his eyes and looking around for Yoite. Second nature made him assume it was him.

"Yoite?"

Edited at 2010-05-04 04:14 am (UTC)
erase_to_forget
May. 4th, 2010 04:51 am (UTC)
Yoite's ears perk at the extremely faint sound of his name and he looks up from his soup. His eyes scan the area before focusing in on Miharu. The boy had heard him. Quietly Yoite steps away from his tree and slips over towards the boy's small figure. He silently sits beside him.

"..Miharu."

He then looks awkwardly from his bowl of soup to Miharu then back to the bowl, clearly knowing that he SHOULD share... but he really hopes the boy is not going to make him.
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 4th, 2010 04:59 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 4th, 2010 05:23 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 4th, 2010 05:31 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 4th, 2010 05:32 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 4th, 2010 05:50 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 4th, 2010 06:23 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 4th, 2010 11:00 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 4th, 2010 11:09 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 4th, 2010 11:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 4th, 2010 11:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 5th, 2010 12:46 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 5th, 2010 12:53 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 5th, 2010 01:15 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 5th, 2010 01:19 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 5th, 2010 03:26 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 5th, 2010 03:42 am (UTC) - Expand
incisive
May. 4th, 2010 05:48 am (UTC)
"The ability to use magic, you mean?"

Valeria approaches the now blazing campfire and the group that has gathered around it. She stands at a comfortable distance from the heat and basks in the warmth, barely managing to resist the urge to stretch like some large cat. She can't help but smile a little wider at Gau's apparent surprise. That smile translates into something of a hybrid between an easy smile and an easy grin as she looks between Gau and Raikou, black eyes catching the light from the campfire and flickering brightly in turn. She flexes the fingers of her dominant hand as she contemplates how best to explain it whilst awaiting confirmation.
tenpa_tantrum
May. 4th, 2010 05:58 am (UTC)
At Raikou's nod to the question, Gau nods as well, and then a million other things pop into his head, and he opens his mouth to speak before Valeria can continue.

"And what type of magic is it? Were you born with it? Was it something you were taught? Does it use up your own energy, or are you able to do it without harm to yourself? And..."

He cuts himself off, blushing. "...sorry."
(no subject) - incisive - May. 6th, 2010 01:15 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 6th, 2010 01:23 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 6th, 2010 03:07 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - incisive - May. 8th, 2010 01:43 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 8th, 2010 04:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 8th, 2010 04:29 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 8th, 2010 04:31 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - incisive - May. 11th, 2010 10:16 pm (UTC) - Expand
guerrilla_morph
May. 4th, 2010 06:12 pm (UTC)
When Marco arrives, he doesn't approach as a human.

As a wolf with shaggy gray fur, he approaches the camp cautiously. He smells humans, but he doesn't know who they are by scent alone. The wolf's excellent hearing lets him eavesdrop on the conversations: none of them have Joker's grating, obnoxious voice.

He turns to Rin, who's been following him closely from behind.

{Looks safe enough.}

Marco approaches.

He takes a few more steps further until they can see them both.
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 5th, 2010 04:19 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - May. 5th, 2010 07:08 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 5th, 2010 10:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 6th, 2010 01:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - May. 6th, 2010 02:46 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - tenpa_tantrum - May. 6th, 2010 03:07 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - May. 6th, 2010 06:37 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - May. 7th, 2010 07:09 am (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - guerrilla_morph - May. 7th, 2010 06:27 pm (UTC) - Expand
dramatic_cape
May. 4th, 2010 07:03 pm (UTC)
Lelouch interaction thread
Lelouch has mostly kept silent so far, though he did lean forward with interest when Valeria lit the campfire. That's an interesting talent, he muses. The number of people here with control over fire is rather interesting.

The Sutherland is still folded up and stored in the ship - this number of capable people gathered around a campfire probably would discourage attack. And, of course, because there's no reason to bring an assault vehicle to a friendly gathering.

So far he's been content to sit back and observe as much as possible.
pinktintedgamon
May. 4th, 2010 07:25 pm (UTC)
Re: Lelouch interaction thread
Raikou listened with half an ear to Val's explanations, not so much because he was uninterested, but because he trusted in Gau's ability to ask the right questions and get the most out of her answers.

So while Gau gave her his attention, Raikou took his time observing the rest of their motley little crew.

It was then that his gaze landed on the grown up version of his little leader, causing him to smile faintly. The young man appeared to be conducting his own set of observations, which of course, raised Raikou’s curiosity. There was the faintest brush of his fingers across the back of Gau’s hand, then he stood silently, slipped back into the shadows and hedged around until he could step out to stand beside the violet-eyed teen.

He glanced down and to the side, a small serene smile gracing his lips as he teased lightly, “Pleasure to see you again, Lelouch-sama.”
/switches to past tense - dramatic_cape - May. 4th, 2010 09:08 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 4th, 2010 10:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - dramatic_cape - May. 5th, 2010 05:59 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 7th, 2010 01:58 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - dramatic_cape - May. 11th, 2010 04:52 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pinktintedgamon - May. 13th, 2010 07:18 pm (UTC) - Expand
i_will_grant_it
May. 4th, 2010 08:11 pm (UTC)
Lelouch interaction thread
Miharu remained silent as he continued to bite softly at the sweet bun, never on to eat a lot. As he sat there he noticed Lelouch, curious at his own quietness and after a few moments he recognized him from the hitomi.

Lelouch...that was his name right?

Mentally shrugging it off he just sat and stared at him. The idea of it being rude was far from his mind right now.

"...You're...Lelouch?"

Edited at 2010-05-04 11:12 pm (UTC)
(no subject) - dramatic_cape - May. 11th, 2010 04:28 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - i_will_grant_it - May. 15th, 2010 01:51 am (UTC) - Expand
erase_to_forget
May. 4th, 2010 10:33 pm (UTC)
Re: Lelouch interaction thread
For the most part Yoite has been distracted by Gau's food and the teasing from Raikou, thus it takes him a while before he notices anyone else present around the campfire. His blue eyes scan across the way and around before falling on a familiar face.

He goes a little rigid. This is a person who knows about Sora.

"...Lelouch...."

He murmurs the name almost to himself, as if verifying the man's identity. Yet the tone in his voice is also deep and defensive, silently reminding him of his promise never to speak of Yoite's past. Especially not with Miharu, Raikou, and Gau sitting so nearby.
(Deleted comment)
whitenighting
May. 5th, 2010 06:17 am (UTC)
Allen Walker exists
Ah, this is what he had been waiting for then.

It was inevitable that he would be drawn here, especially with recent events. Allen doesn’t sit but stays back, watching the fire and the odd way it had come to life perhaps a bit apprehensively. The golden, feathered Tincampy perches on his shoulder and seems to stare around at people, despite no visible eyes. It (HIM) probably sticks out to people unfamiliar with the like. When he’s not being watched a tense expression and furrowing of the brow stretch across his face. All of this isn’t a welcome change, not at all.

There are people he recognizes from the conversations he had via Tim earlier, though, and if they catch his eye he’ll brighten at the recognition and gladly engage. Or anyone, for that matter; he's ridiculously friendly for someone that hides their true self. He somewhat invites attention as he glances about in some curiosity at those he doesn’t recognize, grimacing in stomach-sinking apprehension still at points as he realizes his situation.
whitenighting
May. 5th, 2010 06:19 am (UTC)
For Val
There is, though, the person standing front and center like a leader so he naturally gravitates towards her, recognizing her face even as a smile breaks across his face. “You’re Valeria, right?” He points to himself; ghostly and scarred young man that he is. “I’m Allen. We spoke earlier.”

She was definitely on his list of people to talk to; he kind of had a scary impression about her at first but she seemed to know what was going on and is thus someone to talk to. So this is good – yes?


Edited at 2010-05-05 06:20 am (UTC)
(no subject) - incisive - May. 6th, 2010 01:29 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 6th, 2010 02:56 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - incisive - May. 6th, 2010 02:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 7th, 2010 09:24 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - incisive - May. 11th, 2010 12:11 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 12th, 2010 12:24 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - incisive - May. 13th, 2010 08:18 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 13th, 2010 10:45 pm (UTC) - Expand
erase_to_forget
May. 6th, 2010 06:24 am (UTC)
Re: Allen Walker exists
Yoite lifts his eyes from the flame and takes in the sight of the boy appearing out of the darkness. He blinks in almost shock, his face obviously portraying a surprise. Yoite can't figure out if the boy just arrived or if it was a trick of his own fading eyesight and Allen had been there all along.

Thus he ends up staring intently but not threateningly.
I sucked and managed to not see this - whitenighting - May. 11th, 2010 04:05 pm (UTC) - Expand
Re: ^_^ <3 - erase_to_forget - May. 11th, 2010 11:31 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 13th, 2010 10:30 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - erase_to_forget - May. 14th, 2010 09:38 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 13th, 2010 11:48 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 15th, 2010 07:36 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - whitenighting - May. 16th, 2010 12:23 am (UTC) - Expand
incisive
May. 10th, 2010 11:26 pm (UTC)
ATTENTION || Plot-Heavy Material Ahead!
When at last Balthier takes his leave of the Strahl and joins the motley group assembled at the campfire, Valeria knows it is either time to get things under way or close one. She doesn't rush, doesn't move to silence the group immediately, but steps back and sits at her partner's side by the fire. She takes a moment to chat with him in that way partners are wont. Bides her time and theirs so that those assembled may talk amongst themselves because talking is good, very good between strangers in a strange land such as this. It is better for them to break some of the ice now as opposed to later anyhow.

The minutes pass, ten in number, in the blink of an eye and Valeria stands again. She smiles and rolls her eyes in a fond sort of way, then steps forward to claim center stage before the campfire and the group gathered around it. In that short bit of time, her smile shifts in the subtlest of ways and when she halts, she is all presence and it is their attention to presence that she decides to try. If she is giving them too much rope, she will know soon enough. She watches and listens, listens and waits for the group to conclude their conversations whilst making the politest possible bid for their attention.

It is time.

"Now that everyone is present, I would like to open with a simple question," she says, looking between those assembled with calm eyes and a steady smile even as she poses her question. "Who here does not intend to join us in our search for the gods of this world?"

Edited at 2010-05-12 04:24 am (UTC)
tenpa_tantrum
May. 11th, 2010 06:07 pm (UTC)
Fire makes it so easy to zone out. Gau blinks a little as he looks away from it, toward Valeria, trying to puzzle out what she's said.

Normally, he would pay closer attention. But people talking around him is sort of lulling, and a little familiar. He isn't the center of everything. He's the boy who does the paperwork.

Here, however, he has his own will. Or should have.

So he looks up at Valeria, once he realizes the question that she's asked. "I intend to join."
dramatic_cape
May. 12th, 2010 04:45 am (UTC)
"I wasn't aware there was even a question," Lelouch says, nodding as Val's eyes meet his, sweeping the group.

He's in a good mood after all the socialization - which is a change. He's been in a strange state of mind since meeting Ame-no-Uzume, five days ago - it still weighs on his mind at odd moments.

He needs an answer to this, still.
guerrilla_morph
May. 12th, 2010 04:56 am (UTC)
There's nothing for Marco here. There's no point of him being in this place. He has to get out. In order to do that, he has to talk to those who brought him here in the first place. If they can talk at all.

If this doesn't work, then Marco has to figure out another tactic. But it's too soon to think that way just yet. (He is alone.) He has to take this one day at a time.

"I'm in."

As if all of this is easy, saying those two words. Two, simple words. No going back.

But there's nowhere to go back too.
(Deleted comment)
whitenighting
May. 13th, 2010 10:21 pm (UTC)
Other people may look comfortable, but Allen doesn't yet if one looks closely. Thoughtful, certainly. There's a bit of a frown and idle scratching at the golem on his shoulder that also watches and records everyone around with eager 'eyes'.

There is knowledge of what this is, yes. There is more than a little apprehension still, though. This is all still so what, just what. He does still have his duties, right?

Right?

Other people are lining up readily. He probably should. He kind of doesn't want to.

But it's a course of action and it makes sense.

But he also just keeps getting dragged and dragged around so much sometimes.

"I think so?" he offers, but feels a bit of internal cringing at the statement. He can't help it; this is sudden, but he feels like helping out others in the same boat he is in ways to get out of this place. It's natural.

It's beyond confusing even still.

Edited at 2010-05-15 12:13 am (UTC)
( 90 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

kannagara_rpg
Kannagara - The Way of the Gods

Latest Month

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by yoksel